How Much Are Great Lengths?
The price of your service will be customized by individual factors that are unique to you. I am only able to provided an educated answer at a consultation.
Varying factors that are considered:
- How thick or thin is your current hair?
- Which hair extension option will best correct your hair problem?
- What length of Great Lengths will be needed for the installation?
- How long of a service appointment is required.
Great Lengths Service cost can vary greatly from client to client because each is truly a custom service.
There are also many GL application options to be considered, such as lengthening, full volumizing, zonal volumizing, dimensional color work or special needs applications.
Will It Damage My Hair?
When applied and maintained properly, the application will not damage your hair. The skill level of the stylists is crucial for a damage free application and this is why Great Lengths Certified Stylists are the most sought after by extension clients worldwide. Great Lengths USA has the most rigid requirements for certification in the industry.
Great Lengths mandatory certification course is on average 3 times longer than any other extension brand in the professional market. Further, there are only a handful of extension brands that even require education as most companies position their training as an option, but not necessary. In other cases, there are companies whose training consists of nothing more than a 20 minute how-to video or online “certification”, where the trainee has no hands-on learning experience or the eyes of a seasoned hair extension educator to evaluate their work and correct where necessary.
How Long Does It Last?
We recommend removal every 3 to 5 months, depending upon the type of application performed (i.e. lengthening, volumzing, etc), the state/condition of the clients natural hair, and their lifestyle.
How Do I Take Care Of My Great Lengths?
- Do not shampoo for two days after your Great Lengths application.
- Great Lengths recommends that you return to your Certified Great Lengths Extensionist approximately two weeks after your application. This follow-up visit allows you Extensionist to inspect the application to ensure that your Great Lengths application result is performing as expected.
- When shampooing, always wash your hair with your head back, not tilted forward. Never dry with a scrubbing action, instead wrap a towel to absorb the excess moisture. When allowing your hair to “air dry,” Great Lengths recommends that the attachment sites be dried with a blow dryer to prevent the bonds from remaining wet for an extended period of time.
- Always use the Great Lengths Anti-tap Formula after every wet treatment. Mix one line (as indicated on the bottle) to 8 ounces of water in a spray bottle. The Anti-tap Formula is designed to neutralize irregularities in your water source and/or to protect the keratin bond polymers from chlorine, saltwater and other solutions not compatible with a proper pH.
- To prevent premature bond breakdown always saturate your hair with water and apply Great Lengths Anti-tap Formula prior to swimming, exercising, using a sauna or any activity that creates moisture in your hair for an extended period of time. Immediately after such activities, shampoo thoroughly, condition, apply the Anti-tap Formula and blow-dry the attachment sites (bonds).
- Brush Great Lengths three times a day with the recommended Great Lengths brush. Unlike many extension systems, regular and thorough brushing is recommended for Great Lengths extensions. Beginning at the nape, brush row by row, scalp to ends. Always pull Great Lengths into a softly held ponytail while sleeping or any activity that has your hair blowing in the wind. These important brushing and steps will prevent tangling at the attachment sites.
- Styling options for Great Lengths are virtually limitless. However, there are a few precautions you will want to take. Blow-drying and use of curling irons, flat irons and hot rollers may be used but heat must be kept at an adequate distance for 1.5 inches from the attachment site (bond).
- Some extension loss is normal throughout the life of your Great Lengths application. The average person experiences natural hair loss of 100 to 150 hairs a day. A full-head Great Lengths application covers approximately one-third of the head. After some time you can expect to see a small quantity of your hair that has shed naturally yet is still attached to the bond. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair that has been pulled out of the scalp by the extensions. Daily brushing as instructed above will void those loose hairs from tangling or matting at the attachment site.
Seeking new clients who are looking for a hair extension studio that is serious about making you look great!
Splashes of Color To Full Lengthenings!
Great Lengths Hair Extensions Salon is here to say that you have Limitless Options…..call 413-734-6204
Dedicated Hair Extension Site
Looking for as much hair extension information that you can find? Book Your Consultation & Ask For Ann Marie Walts